Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Anti war Websites Blog #6

 For this blog post I took a look at two websites. These websites are called Antiwar.com and Theamericanconservative.com. Both of these websites supply anti war news that really isn’t told on mainstream news sources. The mainstream news network focus on gaining the most viewers by covering interesting topics and anti war just doesn’t pull enough views to make it into mainstream news for the most part. Another reason is editorial bias. At times a writer might pick a side of the war and if a news channel or article doesn’t like that side, the won’t support it by not covering it.

Anti-war movement - Wikipedia

I’m addition to anti war not being a popular topic, I have never heard and been on Antiwar.com and Theamericanconservative.com. I barely go onto news websites so that’s probably part of the reason. But for Antiwar.com, the website layout looks kind of messy which makes it look like an unreliable source. They have topics broken down into categories but there’s a ton of links to other websites articles with those topics which makes the website look messy. When I fist clicked the link onto this website it felt overwhelming with the amount of links on the screen. I don’t have an ad blocker on my computer and in addition to having a ton of links they have a ton of ads which made the website look even worse in my opinion. There’s a lot of good news on the website I just feel like the look of the website is going to draw users away to other news options. For Theamericanconservative.com, the layout of the website is way better. I like how instead of just using a link they have a photo with a description for each article. I feel like using the word conservative will draw some users away. But besides that I really like this news source and I will probably start looking at it more as I found the articles interesting and important.

I don’t feel like I would have to look at other websites to hear stronger anti war voices. These websites do a good job at displaying tons of news articles on anti war. Maybe the conservative one has a voice that people will disagree with. But these two sources should be talked about more as they are very strong anti war sources with interest opinions and facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

I feel like I have both a positive and negative relationship with technology. Being able to connect with people that live in different state...